Sign in to follow this  
Kell

Mark Haddon:The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime

Kell   

Author: Mark Haddon

ISBN # 0099456761

Christopher is 15 years old & lives with his dad. He likes logic, maths & science because he understands them. What he doesn't understand is people - he hates being touched & cannot respond in the "normal" way to the emotions of others. In his opinion, animals are much better - they don't tell lies because they can't talk. So, when his neighbour's dog, Wellington, is mysteriously murdered with a garden fork, Christopher takes it upon himself to decipher the curious incident of the dog in the night-time & solve the crime in the style of his hero, Sherlock Holmes, & write a book about it as he does. In doing so, he unravels more secrets than he had bargained for & embarks upon a voyage of self-discovery that will take him away from the small town where everything is as he likes it, into a wider world where everything is confusing, scary & strange.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time has won the Whitbread Book of the Year award, the Guardian Children

Maureen   

A friend of mine just lent me this. I knew Kell had written a review about it. I think I shall enjoy it..........................eventually (I have lots of books to read at the moment!!)

iguana   

I was meaning to get this book. I am going to pester my mum for it more now. :giggle2:

bree   

Ah! Good to see this here!

One of the more interesting books I've read - and Christopher's mind is heartbreaking-ly endearing.

Discussion continued here. :smile:

Michelle, I know this is an old thread - but that link isn't working.

bree   

Ah - found the link with a simple search.

In case anyone else is looking for it : link