Hey everyone :)

Lydia

Heyya,

I'm Lydia new to the book forums and I love reading young adult fiction. My book shelves are filled with different series, at the moment I'm reading City of Lost souls (Immortal instruments) by Cassandra Clare and just finished Golden Lily (Bloodlines series) by Richelle Mead. I go to the book store all the time to see if there are any new books out in the young adult fiction. If you have any suggestions for books especially series I would love to hear them.

:)

Hello Lydia. :welcome2: I'm a big fan of YA too and based on the two authors you've mentioned, I would recommend:

Kelley Armstrong Darkest Powers and Darkness Rising series

Rachel Caine Morganville Vampires series

Finding Sky and Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling

Shiver, Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

If you've read all those, let me know, and I'll come up with some more!

Hi everyone, thank you for welcoming me :).

Hello Lydia. :welcome2: I'm a big fan of YA too and based on the two authors you've mentioned, I would recommend:

Kelley Armstrong Darkest Powers and Darkness Rising series

Rachel Caine Morganville Vampires series

Finding Sky and Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling

Shiver, Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

If you've read all those, let me know, and I'll come up with some more!

Hi chesilbeach

Thanks for the suggestions I might pop down to the library to see if they have them or I might order them to treat myself lol... I've read 2 of the morganville vampire series I really like those two. I really like thriller/murder mystery books and I really enjoyed the hungry games. Have you read the any of the succumbus books series???

I think I've read almost everything Richelle Mead has written now! I did enjoy the succubus books, and also the Dark Swan series too - her books are great for pure escapism. I'm trying to read all the books I already own at the moment, but once I've done that, I'll be off to get my copy of Golden Lily. :smile2:

I think I've read almost everything Richelle Mead has written now! I did enjoy the succubus books, and also the Dark Swan series too - her books are great for pure escapism. I'm trying to read all the books I already own at the moment, but once I've done that, I'll be off to get my copy of Golden Lily. :smile2:

Heyya :) oh wow! I've only read the V.A and the blood lines series. I have read two of the succubus series. LOL but sometimes there is so manny books and so little coins to pay for them... lol.. I wish I could buy the entire book store but dreams are free. :) You could you tell me a little about the swan series?

For young adult stuff (at least, I think it's in the young adult section) I can't help but recommend anything by Darren Shan. The Saga of Darren Shan is probably one of my favourite series of books and its very dear to me. The spin off Saga of Larten Crepsley has recently finished and I'm making my way through those and they seem good. Also, whilst the ending was a tad disappointing, the Demonata books are great, with Bec being one of my favourite books by Darren Shan.

The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver I have yet to finish, but the first 4 or so books I read of it were great. A really good setting with some really cool characters.

The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan was also really good, if I remember. Recently found out there is a sequel trilogy and a prequel. Will need to pick those up at some point.

All of these essentially fit into the fantasy genre, though the Darren Shan books are mostly horror based.

Edited by Lord Napsack

Heyya :) oh wow! I've only read the V.A and the blood lines series. I have read two of the succubus series. LOL but sometimes there is so manny books and so little coins to pay for them... lol.. I wish I could buy the entire book store but dreams are free. :) You could you tell me a little about the swan series?

The Dark Swan series are definitely adult and not YA books. Here's what she says about them on her website:

Eugenie Markham didn't want any of this. Until now, she's been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy makes her the Otherworld's most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past...

The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver I have yet to finish, but the first 4 or so books I read of it were great. A really good setting with dome really cool characters.

I agree - I've read all of them and they are excellent.

For young adult stuff (at least, I think it's in the young adult section) I can't help but recommend anything by Darren Shan. The Saga of Darren Shan is probably one of my favourite series of books and its very dear to me. The spin off Saga of Larten Crepsley has recently finished and I'm making my way through those and they seem good. Also, whilst the ending was a tad disappointing, the Demonata books are great, with Bec being one of my favourite books by Darren Shan.

The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver I have yet to finish, but the first 4 or so books I read of it were great. A really good setting with some really cool characters.

The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan was also really good, if I remember. Recently found out there is a sequel trilogy and a prequel. Will need to pick those up at some point.

All of these essentially fit into the fantasy genre, though the Darren Shan books are mostly horror based.

.... Thanks Lord napsack... I can't agree with you more about series.. I LOVE THEM... what is better then getting more of what you love. Okay I'll add this to my reading wish list :)....

The Dark Swan series are definitely adult and not YA books. Here's what she says about them on her website:

Eugenie Markham didn't want any of this. Until now, she's been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy makes her the Otherworld's most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past...

I agree - I've read all of them and they are excellent.

Thanks chesilbeach.. Can't wait to the black swan series... how lucky those main characters are in Richelle Mead's books. They have men falling for them handsome, amazing, protective men who would lay their lives down for them.. ahhhh I love books... thanks guys for your suggestions its making me excited... but theres so many to chose from... maybe I'll get the firs book of each of those series... :)

Hey guys, you know sometimes book stores have boxes that have a mixture of 4-5 books that have the first books in different series. Which would be the ultimate box mix for yous :).... mine would be:

1)Vamipre Academy

2)Fallen

3)Hunger Games

4)Everneath - must read really cool :)

5)City of lost souls.

• 3 weeks later...

Vampire academy is that any good? or is it a Twilightish (if thats a word) style Lydia?

As being new to fiction will have to tell you my FIVE later this year as I would not have five to tell you! sorry

Hey, thought VA is about vampires it's quite different from Twilight thought both are set in that fantasy genre. Most people I've talked to said they enjoyed the VA series. If you liked twilight then you definitly will enjoy VA.

Heyya,

I'm Lydia new to the book forums and I love reading young adult fiction. My book shelves are filled with different series, at the moment I'm reading City of Lost souls (Immortal instruments) by Cassandra Clare and just finished Golden Lily (Bloodlines series) by Richelle Mead. I go to the book store all the time to see if there are any new books out in the young adult fiction. If you have any suggestions for books especially series I would love to hear them.

:)

Hello & welcome :)

I've just finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor It was brilliant and I highly recommend it. Darren Shan also is highly recommended by me (just like Lord napsack haha).

if you like The Hunger Games then how about Divergent by Veronica Roth

Also because you like vampires how about House of The Night Series , The Southern Vampire Mysteries or The Vampire Diaries . I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of those books but then I like my vampires more traditional like in Anne Rice's books haha

Hope that gave you some ideas :)

Edited by Snapex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, If you are looking for a new series to read, I suggest that you read Keegan's Chronicles by Julia Crane. It is filled with elves, love, destiny and circumstances that will break the bonds of the main characters. A very entertaining series that will keep you on edge the whole time. :)