He Who Fears the Wolf by Karin Fossum

papillon

I have just finished

"He Who Fears the Wolf" by Karin Fossum

"He Who Fears the Wolf" by Karin Fossum is a Chief Inspector Konrad Sejer thriller.

It has a rather strange, disturbing beginning that leads to Errki Johrma escaping from a psychiatric ward, and then a boy reports the death of an old woman living alone in the woods.

This is my first Karin Fossum book, and I was intriqued by the depth of the characters and psychological insight; her writing is skilful, almost poetic in places and held me until the last page.

I've just ordered another of her books "When the Devil Holds the Candle"

She's an author well worth the note Purple Poppy.

I should have supplied a synopsis.

Here's one from Harcourt Publishers

Synopsis

Inspector Sejer is hard at work again, investigating the brutal murder of a woman who lived alone in the middle of the woods. The chief suspect is another loner, a schizophrenic recently escaped from a mental institution. The only witness is a twelve-year-old boy, overweight, obsessed with archery, and a resident at a home for delinquents. When a demented man robs a nearby bank and accidentally takes the suspect hostage, the three misfits are drawn into an uneasy alliance.

Shrewdly, patiently, as is his way, Inspector Sejer confronts a case where the strangeness of the crime is matched only by the strangeness of the criminals, and where small-town prejudices warp every piece of information he tries to collect. Fossum once again provides extraordinary insight into marginalized lives and richly evokes the atmosphere she captured so brilliantly in Don't Look Back.

I would if we had a school libary that: let yr 7's in

that had books like that

and that they would let us take them out

Sorry i hate ma school, why can't i go to one with a libary!?:D

If u have a school council I wonder if u should take it up with them. Also do your parents know there is no library that u can use? An item for school governors methinks. At my sons state school there is a big library where they can take out books, new ones even!!:D

A school without a library? That is totally ludicrous and definately worth a student/parent campaign. Maybe a visit to your local library with a petition, maybe they'll offer t supply your school UNTIL the school creates one. Name and shame!