Things My Girlfriend And I Have Argued About (lad lit)

vodkafan

Things My Girlfriend And I Have Argued About

Mil Millington

Most Lad Lit books leave me a bit cold, I "get" them but they just don't do it for me, seeming a bit formulaic . This one was genuinely funny though, I could equally have put this under the genre of comedy.

Against the background of his demanding German girlfriend wanting to buy another house (he only likes the one they are living in now because it is cheap)The hero Pel gets unexpected promotion when his manager disappears in mysterious circumstances and Pel starts to get phone calls from sinister Chinese gentlemen .

Can Pel keep his relationship together , move house and hold his job down and avoid being chopped up with meat cleavers?

The key to this book scoring for me where others did not is that he starts off with situations that are quite reasonably possible in reality and in true male fashion tries to bluff and blag his way out rather than admit to anybody he is out of his depth. Even after the situations start spiralling madly into surreal territory.