Snuff - Terry Pratchett

Hayley

I always expect a lot from Terry Pratchett's books and, after finishing this one, I can happily say I was not disappointed. As ever, it was witty, clever, thought provoking and gripping. Considering the serious themes of racial hatred and class power, there were also parts which made me laugh literally out loud.

Has anybody else read this? If so, what did you think? :smile:

I always expect a lot from Terry Pratchett's books and, after finishing this one, I can happily say I was not disappointed. As ever, it was witty, clever, thought provoking and gripping. Considering the serious themes of racial hatred and class power, there were also parts which made me laugh literally out loud. Has anybody else read this? If so, what did you think? :smile:

I haven't read it yet, waiting on the library ro get it in Kindle format. I am looking forward to it though.

I am currently reading Hogsfather, not too deep into the book yet so cannot say much about it except so far so good. :)

I wasn't hugely disappointed, but I didn't enjoy it as much as some of the other Vimes books. The fow is slightly different since Pratchett started dictating the books rather than writing them straight out himself (his alzheimers prevents him from doing so). The story was good, but I felt it kind of "flapped aorund" a bit in a way his other books haven't in a long time (his first few are not favourites of mine for that very reason). I still loved it, but not as much as I thought I would.

I agree Kell, I prefer Mort, Weird Sisters etc rather than his very first books, almost like he found his stride after a couple of books in. Although in Snuff I did enjoy delving back in Vimes' mind!

I wasn't hugely disappointed, but I didn't enjoy it as much as some of the other Vimes books. The fow is slightly different since Pratchett started dictating the books rather than writing them straight out himself (his alzheimers prevents him from doing so).

I don't know, I was worried that it would feel different having been dictated rather than written , but I didn't think it did when I actually read it!

By "flapped around", do you mean like, drifting from the main plot?

I

Although in Snuff I did enjoy delving back in Vimes' mind!

That's such a good way to put it, he really does have a knack of putting you in his characters minds. I really like Vimes too, I like the little sarcastic element he has. I loved the character of Willikins in Snuff too, some of his parts really made me laugh :D

Hi,

it was nice hearing how young Sam is coming along :smile: Its just that now there's another off shoot book about different types of poo :giggle2:

I have to admit that I sort of wondered off by the time I got to the last few pages of Colour of Magic. I finished the other books fine.

Edited by Kreader

Hi,

it was nice hearing how young Sam is coming along :smile: Its just that now there's another off shoot book about different types of poo :giggle2:

There is - it's out now - The World of Poo by Miss Felicity Beedle (and Terry Pratchett) I plan to get it very soon and laugh at it with Xander. :)