Newbie Here

jynx

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, love reading books - all genres & I also like to write poetry occasionally. I'm hoping to make some new friends & share the books I'm reading & get ideas for new ones to read.

Welcome jynx. You came to the right place to get ideas for new reads, a good percentage of books I read now are recommendations from others on here. You say you like all genres, do you have any favourite authors though? If so why do you like them in particular?

My favourite all time author is Terry Pratchett - I adore his books mainly because of the richness of the characters & the fact that he has created a whole world which continues in each book - its like going home each time I start reading one!! David Eddings is a close second with the Belgariad because of the depth of the characters & the bond that forms as the main character grows up physically & mentally. Finally I love horror - I grew up on Stephen King books & slowly got into Shaun Hutson, Graham Masterson & Richard Laymon. I like more psychological horror rather than blood & gore to scare me though!

Hey jynx and welcome! You will definitely get some great books recommended to you here :D

Like yourself, I read just about everything (except romance), bumoths genre I like most is fantasy.

Edited by Devi