Euro 2012!

Ben

It's difficult to read much into the first set of matches - they're traditionally a bit cagey, so it's difficult to see who'll shine and who'll struggle. The next 2-3 days should give us a better indication as teams step up the pace. It's still Germany for me though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entirely possible! I can't see us not getting through now after we've picked up a point against France. Sweden and Ukraine both looked poor in their match against each other and I'd be reasonably confident we can pick up points again both. Although it is England, so you never know. :lol:

Yes, you see you've fallen into the trap of thinking that because they held their own against a good team then they'll swarm all over lesser competition .. they're always fooling us with that one. When expected to win, the England squad have a great propensity to be rubbish .. they excel at it (I reckon they practice it). They always do the opposite of 'rise to the occasion' .. they sink to it instead :D I'm not going to be a total Nelly negative though .. this might just be the beginning of something exciting .. the next match will probably be more of an indicator. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if us going through hinges on something completely out of our control .. like how many tattoo's each member of the squad has (where's Beckham when you need him :D)

Just NOBODY mention penalties .. my nerves can't stand it.

I put real life money on Germany. A whole £3! I'm a dreadful better though so I've jinxed them, sorry Germans.

England's draw with France should see them through, emphasis on *should*!

I got the Czechs in the work sweepstake :(

And I presume you didn't lose a slipper in the excitement?! :giggle2:

Lol .. it was touch and go. I lost something .. I think it was my sense of humour :D

Oh dear, it doesn't bode well for the next match .. Ukraine will definitely go all out to win and though we only need a point to qualify (yeah .. heard that one before :D) the likelihood is we'll get Spain if we don't top the group and that doesn't look .. ideal! :lol: It's going to be another 'sitting on the edge of your sofa' night on Tuesday.

Well my prediction was a quarter-final exit to Spain, but looks like seen as though France were god-awful and we actually managed to win our group (who knows how), it looks like we'll get knocked out by Italy instead. :giggle:

We needed Carroll on much earlier, England lacked height at the front and Rooney isn't known for his jumping! All the media said how scared teams are of Rooney, they were right and so he was marked to the point he could do nothing at all (and he wasnt having one of his best days anyway!!) so needed to come off sooner and give someone else a chance - where was Peter Crouch when you need him? - England super sub!!

England lacked height at the front and Rooney isn't known for his jumping!

He's scored a lot of headers in the past couple of seasons but yeah, he was definitely rusty last night. Surprised he played as long as he did. Young played well for a change and got a few decent crosses in that went to waste.

First half was like watching paint dry. Second half was marginally better. I think Hodgson's done the right thing in getting the defending in order first, though. Would be nice if Scott Parker could add passing ability to his repertoire, then maybe we could start getting the ball to the forwards a bit more often.

Still wondering what the officials behind the goals are there for when they can't spot the ball going over the line from five yards away :giggle2:

Still would have gone through, who cares? :giggle:

Yeh I know...but it is the principle of the thing....if it had been you lot shouting you would be saying the same... ;)

Yeah and we didn't get anything. I love how Blatter's now calling for goal-line technology now something went in our favour. :lol: