Euro 2012!

Ben

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn, same old England. A lot of positives though. Roy looks like he could do good things with the team, we have a young, up-and-coming squad that will be ready for the World Cup or even the next Euro's, and we managed to top what was actually a pretty tricky group. We pushed the Italians to penalties, albeit if we pushed our luck at the same time, and a quarter-final really wasn't a bad effort all things considered.

I'm disappointed we came unstuck on penalties again, but that's life. Italy were a superior side, deserved the victory, and all the remaining teams in the competition are stronger than we are. There should be a good couple of semi-finals coming up. :D

I felt strangely unaffected by it all, tbh. I didn't get particularly tense during the game, and the penalty shoot-out was just business as usual. I didn't think we'd win the game, and we certainly didn't deserve to go any further. Better to go out this way than get thrashed by the Germans again!

Oh, and someone should tell Joe Hart to stop pulling stupid faces and try saving one of the fricking penalties instead :doh::giggle2:

There were a lot of positives though, it was a much younger team with a lot of potential for the future, I think Hodgson has started brilliantly, we didn't ever expect to win the group... Balotelli should have scored a number of times but our back four were superb, they held such a strong line it was visible when watching on tv. Hart played a great game too, he couldn't help the penalties, they were strong, I think he was hoping to put them off by stickiing his tongue out lol! :D. Only negative was the choice of penalty takers, why did Terry not take one? I know he has missed before but he has more experience than The Ashley's, and why not Carroll, surely he could intimidate any goalkeeper! :haha:

. Only negative was the choice of penalty takers, why did Terry not take one? I know he has missed before but he has more experience than The Ashley's, and why not Carroll, surely he could intimidate any goalkeeper! :haha:

I suspect he was number 5 in the list which usually ends up being the penalty with the highest amount of pressure. Ashely Cole is normally a very good penalty taker and I think that the list of penalty takers was about right. Not sure I agree with Hart's tactics to put the players off but I guess he was trying anything that would give him an edge no matter how small.

England got exactly what they deserve, the team was poor in this game but upto now has shown some promise. I don't see it as a negative that we went out when we did, the teams left in are simply better than us at the moment. Its great to finally see a manager moving away from the usual players even if it was forced upon him to some extent. Seeing Pirlo strut his stuff at 33 is a bit sad when we have a player who can do similar but has been misused so often in the past he wouldn't be in the squad, that man is Paul Scholes.

Pretty much all penalties shoot-outs go against the team I want to win, even if it's just some minor team who I've never even seen play before. It's a curse. :(

Ben, that is a total lie. Terry's missed when you wanted him to before ;)

Apparently Carroll was 5th in line, which is why he was looking like he was going to pee himself in fright every time the camera panned to him.

I am so so glad that we never had to face Spain .. my face is tingling with embarrassment at the thought of it. Well done to them .. thoroughly deserved and very entertaining :smile: Balotelli though? .. what a bad loser.

And whose heart didn't melt when they all brought on their kids at the end to help them celebrate - how cute were they? :lol:

They were so cute...loved the wee guy with 20 on his back...it was as big as him...loved when he ran into the net and gave it a tug....lol