Your Book Activity ~ June 2012

Kylie

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished reading Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett today. I must say that granny weatherwax is my second favourite character after Death so far in the discworld series. I've only read four so far ( the first three and Hogfather), and look forward to reading many more in the future.

I picked up one more book today, I know I know... :giggle:

The Art of Racing in the Rain! So you see, I couldn't resist.

I have this book waiting to be read! I look forward to reading what you think of this.

I've not had much time to read this week as it is half term but I am now half way through A Thousand Splendid Suns. I could very easily read it in one go if I had the time, it is that good! :)

One of my favourite books, sounds like you're enjoying it just as much as I did.

I'm trying to read War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.. I'm not getting very far though. I'm tempted to take a break from it and read Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. I've been meaning to read it for a while, and it's been getting some good reviews from a couple of people around here.

:D That's an amazing book, I don't think you will regret buying it :)

Finished reading What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami.

How did that go? Off to see if you've posted thoughts on it :)

I have maybe 40 pages left of The Opposite of Faith.

Eventually I have finished Apartment 16, the amount of time it has taken is not a reflection on the book but on my life! I just don't seem to have enough time at the moment. Review soon to come! One of my best books this year.

Moving on to The Ritual by Adam Nevill!

Andie P x

About to make a start on The Children's Book by A. S. Byatt.

Good luck Claire :smile:I liked it but boy did it make my head hurt :D

Reading my first Somerset Maugham ... Cakes and Ale .. not got far but enjoying it :smile:

I have this book waiting to be read! I look forward to reading what you think of this.

Can't argue with that, fantastic book, read it soon! :)

:D That's an amazing book, I don't think you will regret buying it :)

Devi and Karen - if you like this book half as much as I did, you will love it :D. I have to second Chaliepud's and Frankie's thoughts on this :)

Finished To Kill A Mockingbird. Beautifully written but quite slow to begin with. Very good overall.

One of my very favourites! Glad you liked it :)

I am STILL reading The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir. A busy few weeks have slowed down my reading, and the book requires concentration, so can't fly through it - but I have not been bored by it at all. Usually, if a book takes a long time for me to read, I can't wait to get to the end and move onto something else, but I haven't felt that way about this book.