Your Book Activity ~ June 2012

Kylie

I thought we'd start of the month with a shiny new thread. :)

I'm heading into town this afternoon, so I'm hoping to get through a few pages of Yevgeny Zamyatin's We.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still reading Wildwood:A Journey through Trees by Roger Deakin, unusually for me just about a chapter a night but with the lovely weather we have been having this is a perfect end to the evening. One mans journey through various woodlands in the britush isles.

I've got two books on the go already - one holiday read, There But For The by Ali Smith and one travel book The Factory of Light by Michael Jacobs - and have started a Rory Gilmore Challenge book, The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan, which I've read the first chapter of and it looks like I'm going to really enjoy it!

I've just finished reading book 10 in the Ranger's Apprentice series The emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan. Good read, it was good to get back into this world I've come to love the characters in these books and I'll be sad to see the end of the series. On a high note my next read will be book 11 The Lost Stories so I can stay in this world a little longer.

I bought two books yesterday for €3.60 each, both non-fiction. "Voices From The Titanic", which is basically a compilation of various reports, eye witness accounts, articles etc about the disaster, which looks pretty good. Never read anything with suvivor accounts even though I'm mildly obsessed with Titanic so I'm looking forward to that. I also got one about Hitler, but I haven't looked at it properly yet so I can't remember the name or author offhand.

I was reading This Boy's Life in bed last night, and I was in stitches. It was late and I had to try and laugh really quietly, so the neighbors wouldn't wake up and think I'm a lunatic. Which of course made me laugh harder. Honestly, I had to put the book down and walk it off a couple of times :D

Looks great frankie, another one for the wish list! :D

I would recommend it, but I have to warn you, there are a few occasions when something nasty happens to a dog and you won't like that. I know I didn't :(:angry:

What did you think? I couldn't get into it but keep feeling I should try again?

I did like it.....but I'll admit I really didnt care much for 'Julia' or her daughter...they were both annoying in their own ways...but it was a really good story