Starters by Lissa Price

Dystopian books for teens are very popular at the moment, and also quite numerous, but this one is certainly different enough to offer something new.

It's set in a world where many people have been killed by a spore war. The only people who survived are the very old, and the young. The older generation, who are called The Enders have all the money and power, whilst many of the young, called The Starters, are hiding away, trying to survive.

Callie is persuaded to visit a secret facility where Starters rent out their bodies. The Enders are living much longer, due to medical advantages, and they pay a lot of money to borrow the body of a younger person. (Thankfully this is explained much better in the book!)

Unfortunately Callie's rentals do not go to plan, but after initial confusion, she begins to realise that there is a lot more going on. What follows is a well paced thriller, as Callie finds out who she can and cannot trust.

One of the real positives for this book is that although there's a second book planned, there's enough in this one to tell a story, and keep the reader satisfied. You'll still be hungry for that sequel though!

• 5 weeks later...

I saw this being previewed in the adverts for The Hunger Games at the cinema so I thought it was worth a look! I love this genre and I never get tired of brilliant ideas of a future dystopia! :)