Can anyone suggest a new author to me?

Vadimay

I have previously enjoyed the works of Rachel Vincent (Faythe) Kelley Armstrong (others) Christine Warren (others) these being my top 3, I have also read Keri Arthur (Riley, creek and memory zero), Patricia Briggs (everything) Charlean Harris (everything) Karen MacInerney (Sophie) and liked them - Disliked L J Smith (VD) and Stephenie Meyer (everything) ... I'm looking for something Werewolf /shifter (vampires aren't completely out) based with a bit of action or mystery that is actually written for an adult to read aka good language not necessarily x rated (romance ok just not 100% smutt), 200 pages + must have a lot of plot .. Just feel as one of my top 3 has already gone and the other 2 are ending within the year I need to find some replacements .. any book/ series suggestions welcome preff female POV and paperbacks (rel books) but I do have a kindle and flex on the female too.. thank you V

Have you read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins? They're very popular, for a good reason. :) There's also Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth. These two are part of a trilogy. The second book was only recently published, so I guess the third book will be published next year.

Have heard of The Hunger Games from several sources it looks interesting but normally I like reading something were the POV is of an older person say 20 + saying that I may give hunger games a go, but would love some more suggestions please? Thank you

The last Vampire book I read was "The Passage" by Justin Cronin, which I enjoyed a lot. It's about 800 pages long, so plenty to get your teeth into (pun intended!)

You could try the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger. I've only read the first one, Soulless, but I really enjoyed it, and I have the rest on my wishlist. I know one of the other members read them all recently and enjoyed them too.

Reviewed as buffy meets Jane Austin fabulous thank you I love regency and the like... Quite like urban fantasy also if someone has any more modern suggestions (along the lines of Christine Warren/Patricia Briggs with a bit more plot)?

• 3 months later...

Jim Butcher's 'Dresden Files' books. Not a female POV but, if you're flexible, you'll find werewolves, vampires, zombies, ghosts, and loads more ongoing plots. Plus there are a lot of books to get through:

Dresden Files books

Hi,

have you tried any Ilona Andrews, Kate Daniel series books? It starts with Magic Bites.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Bites-Kate-Daniels-Novel/dp/0575093935/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Future Atlanta is an interesting place to live: one moment magic dominates, and cars stall and guns fail. The next, technology takes over and the defensive spells no longer protect your house from monsters. Here skyscrapers topple under the onslaught of magic; the Pack, a paramilitary clan of shapechangers, prowl through the ruined streets; and the Masters of the Dead, necromancers driven by their thirst for knowledge and wealth, pilot blood-crazed vampires with their minds. Kate Daniels likes her sword a little too much, and she has a hard time controlling her mouth. The magic in her blood makes her a target, and she's spent most of her life hiding in plain sight. But when Kate's guardian is murdered, she must choose to do nothing, and remain safe, or to risk her life by pursuing his preternatural killer. Hiding is easy, but the right choice is rarely easy . . .

Then there's Magic Burns http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Burns-Kate-Daniels-Novel/dp/0575093943/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b

Down in Atlanta, tempers - and temperatures - are about to flare . . . As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate's going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale: a divine one. When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta's paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest - and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can't stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive . . .

I think there's 5 or so books in the series so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins? They're very popular, for a good reason. :) There's also Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth. These two are part of a trilogy. The second book was only recently published, so I guess the third book will be published next year.

I recommend The Hunger Games.