PatrickUK's Bookshelf 2012.

PatrickUK

I'll post here the books that I have in my bookshelf to read and they'll be crossed as soon as I finish reading them.

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

Catching Fire

Mockingjay (currently reading)

Twilight

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella

Percy Jackson & the Olympians

The Lightning Thief

The Sea of Monsters

The Titan's Curse

The Battle of the Labyrinth

The Last Olympian

Edited by PatrickUK

I don't think new guests can edit yet, I learnt that myself. I think you can do it after 50 posts. If not as Frankie said it will be on the right hand bottom of post!

Andie P x

'The Hunger Games' (Book #1 of 'The Hunger Games' trilogy).

This book is pretty good. I loved it. It's both exciting and thrilling. I started reading it and I couldn't stop until I was finished.

It somehow makes us to actually care about what will happen to the main characters. It's probably because of the well written plot and the character's personality and actions during the games. At first instance, you just want Katniss and Peeta to leave the arena and win the games, but later on you realise their problems will get much worse than that. It's a must-read!

I'm currently reading the second book of 'The Hunger Games' trilogy - 'Catching Fire'.

'The Hunger Games' (Book #1 of 'The Hunger Games' trilogy).

This book is pretty good. I loved it. It's both exciting and thrilling. I started reading it and I couldn't stop until I was finished.

It somehow makes us to actually care about what will happen to the main characters. It's probably because of the well written plot and the character's personality and actions during the games. At first instance, you just want Katniss and Peeta to leave the arena and win the games, but later on you realise their problems will get much worse than that. It's a must-read!

I'm currently reading the second book of 'The Hunger Games' trilogy - 'Catching Fire'.

Great review! I loved this book too and am looking forward to reading the other novels in the series.

• 4 weeks later...

'Catching Fire' (Book #2 of 'The Hunger Games' trilogy).

This book is more than perfect. It's full of mysteries, surprises, happy and sad moments and of course, plenty of exciting happenings.

While you read through the chapters, you don't realize what's gonna happen next. You ask yourself: What's this book gonna be about if there's supposedly no more hunger games for Katniss to be put into? And then, again, you get caught with your mouth opened when you find out what.

The exciting happening about the first book was about the hunger games, in the second book there's much more than that. The games is only one third of the book. The book is perfectly written, the new characters are well placed into the story and you feel happy and/or sad when stuff happens to them. I could only care for some characters of the first book, now reading the second book I started caring and feeling deeply concerned about other characters's lives.

The first happenings of the book makes you feel worried about Katniss and people around her. Later on you realize there's much more for you to worry.

Suzanne Collins is totally a new icon of the literature for me. What she's done is not just a book, it's a story to be placed on our hearts and never be forgotten.

'Catching Fire' is by far the best book of this trilogy.

PS: I don't know about the last one, I haven't read it yet.

I'll start reading 'Mockingjay' in a few hours.

Thank you :)

Yes, that's true. We all have different tastes in our reading. I liked 'Catching Fire' better than 'The Hunger Games' but it wasn't a very big difference. Just a small difference.