Tim's Horror, Fantasy and Sci-Fi Reads from 2012

Timstar

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Tried reading Forever Peace by Joe Haldeman, A companion novel to The Forever War,I got about 50 pages in and nothing was happening, I couldn't tell you what they were doing or why, I didn't even know which planet it was on... so I gave up. Think I will read Rose Madder by King next.

Also about 35 hours into the audio version of The Stand by Stephen King which is nothing shy of brilliance.

Finished A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow, I won't write a review as I can't say much about it without spoilers. It was amazing, my favourite in the series so far, even though it's only half a novel... at 600 pages though it didn't feel like it!

The next one is better!

I think I have added four new series to my lists, and one or two new books! You're a bad influance Timstar - but in a good way :D

Not added to the list on here yet though.

Night Dawn series, gates of fire, looking at the forever war series, added mistborn series and the belgariad. Phew!

Edited by Devi

Rose Madder is a bit of a slog so I started reading The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett on my Kindle.

Also for Christmas I got The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett,

The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend by David Gemmell

Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay

I started reading The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett on my Kindle.

I enjoyed that book a lot. I have the sequel on the shelf, but it's so long since I read TPM that I might have to re-read it first to remind myself what was going on . . .

Forgive me for my stupid question, but are the dexter books by Jeff Lindsay at all related to the tv show dexter?

Forgive me for my stupid question, but are the dexter books by Jeff Lindsay at all related to the tv show dexter?

The show is inspired and by the books and the first season is based on the first book. Check out this page for all your Dexter needs...

http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3712-darling-delectable-delicious-dexter/

I enjoyed that book a lot. I have the sequel on the shelf, but it's so long since I read TPM that I might have to re-read it first to remind myself what was going on . . .

I am enjoying it so far, I wouldn't call it particularly sophisticated but it is an original take on a well used genre. I bought The Desert Spear for £1.99 on Kindle :D

Also for Christmas I got ...

Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay

Excellent present :smile2:

Tim already answered your question, but I just wanted to say if you've not read the books, please do, they are amazing, and if you've not seen the TV show, please do, because it's amazing, too :D

The show is inspired and by the books and the first season is based on the first book. Check out this page for all your Dexter needs...

http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3712-darling-delectable-delicious-dexter/

Oh thank you so much for clearing that up for me! :D and thank you for the link. I will definitely be adding the books to my list now.

Tim already answered your question, but I just wanted to say if you've not read the books, please do, they are amazing, and if you've not seen the TV show, please do, because it's amazing, too :D

Oh I love the tv series, I watched the first three or four seasons! :D