Tim's Horror, Fantasy and Sci-Fi Reads from 2012

Timstar

Well it is a literal cliff-hanger  :giggle2: I would be very surprised if you got to it this year, let's just aim for 2014 shall we :)

Oops, I meant 2014.... :doh:  :giggle2:  It's funny you say it's a literal cliff-hanger, because I thought that when I was writing my reply, but I couldn't remember all the details about it. :D

I wound up in the same situation - I read Pandora's Star twice.  You could probably find a decent recap somewhere :shrug:

I probably could, but I wouldn't mind reading it again. I did enjoy it a lot the first time around, and I like re-reading books as you pick up so much more the second time around. Besides, I bought a Kindle copy even though I own the paper-back, so I may as well read it again as I bought it again. :giggle2:

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably could, but I wouldn't mind reading it again. I did enjoy it a lot the first time around, and I like re-reading books as you pick up so much more the second time around. Besides, I bought a Kindle copy even though I own the paper-back, so I may as well read it again as I bought it again. :giggle2:

:D  I'd be interested to know what the Kindle versions are like - they'd be much easier to deal with  :giggle2:

This thread has been going over 18 months now so I will be starting a new one for 2014.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, read and visited this thread. I look forward to seeing you all again in 2014 :)

Happy New Year.

I just came on here to say it's nice to see someone is keeping up with their old darling reading log.

And then I read you are going to start a new one, and abandon this one. And I've been let down :(

Only kidding :D

A fresh start is nice. Can't wait to see how you set up your new thread, if there are going to be a lot of different challenges, and where the TBR stands... Or if you'll go for a more laid back style. :)

Bye bye 2013 Timstar thread :006:

This thread has been going over 18 months now so I will be starting a new one for 2014.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, read and visited this thread. I look forward to seeing you all again in 2014 :)

Happy New Year.

Happy new year Tim! I always enjoy reading your thread and I'll be following your new one in 2014. Have a good 'un. :)

Can't wait to see how you set up your new thread, if there are going to be a lot of different challenges

Probably not as many as there are in yours. Your new thread boggles the mind! :lol: 

I just came on here to say it's nice to see someone is keeping up with their old darling reading log.

And then I read you are going to start a new one, and abandon this one. And I've been let down :(

Only kidding :D

A fresh start is nice. Can't wait to see how you set up your new thread, if there are going to be a lot of different challenges, and where the TBR stands... Or if you'll go for a more laid back style. :)

Bye bye 2013 Timstar thread :006:

Thanks a lot! Not exactly sure what I will do yet, will be a few challenges and a massive TBR list as always :)

Happy new year Tim! I always enjoy reading your thread and I'll be following your new one in 2014. Have a good 'un. :)

Thanks Laura, see you in 2014! :)

Thanks a lot! Not exactly sure what I will do yet, will be a few challenges and a massive TBR list as always :)

After my earlier post I did find your thread for 2014. Looking forward to seeing the finalized version :) And remember to post when you are open for comments! :)

Happy new year tim! I always loved reading your thread :)

Edited by Devi

• 4 months later...

I start The Pillars of the Earth audio book by Ken Follet which is brilliant.

I know this is an old thread, how did you end up liking it?  Did I miss a review?

Just a short one as it's not SF/F/H :)

I finished The Pillars of the Earth audio book by Ken Follett and narrated by John Lee, at over 40 hours long it is a brilliant, epic historical fiction. The scale and scope are incredible, the whole story is very well thought out with genuinely horrible moments that almost made me feel sick. There was clearly a lot of research gone into it, especially on 12th century cathedrals and churches.

I have been meaning for a while to get into some other historical books and I will definitely be reading/listening to more Follett.

Overall 10/10

Was it too heavy on the actual building of the cathedral?

No I wouldn't say so, the story kind of revolves around it but it isn't the main focus, there is plenty more going on. I did have to look up a couple of terms so I knew which sections of the building were been described.