The Horse Behaviour Handbook - Abigail Hogg

Laramie

Has anybody read this? I just bought it today and I'm already over half the way through it! It's a facinating book, and one which I feel really understands horses. It makes you see horses in a completely different light, to ask different questions and also explains why things happen eg weaving could go right back from weaning. It doesn't dumb things down too much, but gives you the information in a clear, understanderble way. A great book for any age, it's packed with gorgeous pictures and lots of real-life case studies. A brilliant read.

Blimey, it sounds like an advert...

So, has anyone read it - or would they read it after my "advert":lol: If you want to find it the ISBN is 0 7153 1467 X

PS great name: A Big Ale Hog :)

Very clever, Mrs! Love your sense of humour!

Thank you :D

As to the book...it sounds good, and you make it sound interesting, but I know absolutely nothing about horses, so I think it would mystify me. What is weaving?:D

Weaving is when the horse constantly moves its head in a sort of figure of eight. They usually do it in their stable, because of stress.

I'm sure you would understand most of it, if you did read it. It does explain quite well.

Don't feel bad - I've done a couple of reviews before where no-one's replied ;) It's not personal, and newbies sometimes find them later on and comment!

hee hee, fanks

I liked your review, I just forgot to post (sorry:smile2:) but unfortunately I do not know an awful lot about horses but I do like them.

:D