Warrior Daughter by Janet Paisley

Leoella

Warrior Daughter by Janet Paisley

I really enjoyed this book it was one of the first I have of janet paisley's the power of the women in this book makes me want to be there,she goes into great detail and it feel's like your there with them experiancing everything they are, definatley worth a look.

It is the story of the child Skaaha's journey to womanhood on an Iron Age Scottish island. Her life, and that of her sister Eefay, changes dramatically when their mother, a warrior queen, dies in a chariot race. They are sent to new communities, separately, distancing them from the unpopular new queen, Mara. Skaaha goes to the father she never knew, to train as a blacksmith, but continues the warrior type exercises she practiced previously. Aged 11, she has many challenges to face, culminating in a personal crisis some years later, which takes her to the edge of insanity. Aware now that some-one wants her dead, Skaaha does intensive warrior training in order to challenge her adversary, determined to fight to the death.

xX.Leoella.Xx

White Rose Rebel by Janet Paisley

This has got to be on everyone's book shelf that enjoys historical fiction. This is one of the best read's I have had for a while apart from Janet Paisley's "Warrior Daughter" but even then I enjoyed this one more,

the research and effort gone into the history of the scottish warroir women is wonderful, the book itself drags you into it so makes you feel like your living it, alot of twists and turns and some very nasty characters making your own stomach knot and blood boil of the evilness of some men. :motz: