The Avengers

Timstar

Couldn't find a thread for this so thought I'd better start one. Saw Avengers Assemble today, it was very good! Great superhero film. Always been a big fan of Joss Whedon and his imput was very apparent.

What did you guys think?

Managed to go and see it last Wednesday (took us a while with most showings sold out due to the first Orange Wednesday for the film, but we managed it!) I loved the film, loved the banter and the one-liners! Just amazing :) Oh, and all the guys were hot so that is obviously an added bonus...

Went to see this Saturday with my son. We both loved it! Came out of the cinema with big grins on our faces.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched it when it first came out! And it was awesome I would rate it 11/10 the big thing that I liked the most was the planning of the films! How they all linked together and how you can watch one movie and watch this one and see how it all fits together!

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had an Avengers weekend last weekend with some friends in Dublin, we watched all the solo Avengers films which I hadn't seen, and then saw the Avengers Assemble. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Joss did a good job with it, though there were some horrendous one-liners which were so cheesy you just know they had to belong to Joss'. Some bits were excellent though. 'Puny God!' Hahahah.

I agree with Timstar on this one, it was a very good film. It had some good action and whats wrong with the one liners? Let's hope Joss Whedon is around for the next one.

With Whedon at the helm, you’d think this would be all kinds of awesome, and the trailer indicated it would be. It wasn’t. We saw this in the IMAX Newcastle and wish we hadn’t forked out for more than regular 2D. Pointless inclusion of Black Widow to provide a little eye candy for the boys, and thin plot. Good special effects and performances drag this out of the doldrums. The Iron Man films are still the best of this franchise. A little disappointing, but mindlessly entertaining in parts. 3/5

I will say, however, that there should be a law passed saynig Jeremy Renner is NEVER allowed to cover his arms again - he has the most gorgeous arms ever!!! I can take or leave the rest of him, but those arms - just spectacularly beautiful!

Ruffalo was a good choice as Banner, and Hiddleston was grwat as Loki (I think I love him just a little bit!), RDJ is always great as Iron Man, but it felt to me like most of the characters were just tagged on for the sake of it. I do, however, hope that Whedon sticks around for the second one, as it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I like Whedon's style and I think he'll possibly make a better job of the next one with this one under his belt already.

Hello friends..

Monday I watched THE AVENGERS.It was full of entertainment and great actions done by all superstar characters.Casting and graphics brilliantly designed specially THOR.HE is mine favorite.

Edited by Kylie
Removed link

I saw it a few days after it came out in an effort to avoid the huge crowds and I thought it was really good. I loved how they found a place for all the characters and they all worked together nicely when it came down to it. That being said it as a little predictable but I never really have high standards for marvel moves anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely loved this film! My boyfriend and I went to see near the time it came out and we were both absolutely stunned and upset that it had ended. I have a massive soft spot for superhero films as it is and this was just like Heaven to me. The mixture of action and comedy was spot on and the acting was suberb. I also enjoyed how all the other Marvel fims in the lead up to the Avengers fitted in nicely. Really looking forward to the next one as well as Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 :)

I also think, unfortunately, that it's going to be better than The Hobbit which is coming out later this year.