From the nether reaches...

Parenthesis

Hello! I inadvertently stumbled across the forums whilst web sur...*clears throat*...whilst diligently researching...*nods*..yeah that's it, researching.

I thought I'd take a moment or two to take a peek around...until I found with each passing day a 'moment or two' had grown into a time period of more significance. Finally that thought that had been nagging in the back of my mind, the thought that I tried so desperately hard to bury in the deepest depth of my cerebrum came bursting forth with a crystalline realisation...I'm a lurker (!).

I thought it past due when I should stop my shameful lurking ways, come out of the woodwork and register, post a few random vowels and consonants interspersed with a few white spaces, and ultimately come here where I can publicly acknowledge my past bad habit and start the process of reformation by firstly making my presence known and secondly continue on participating.

On a more serious note--I am impressed with the conversation here; great posts from a variety of posters and a wide range of discussion points. A truly delightful forum.

I am a voracious reader, and have an eclectic taste in literature; fiction, non-fiction, classics, science fiction, thrillers, fantasy etc. Eagerness is mine to broaden my literary horizons, and have already noted down several titles (that have come recommended through the enthusiastic words of fellow posters) during my exploration of the forum.

Looking forward to the discussions and getting to know everyone. :smile:

Hi Parenthesis

welcome to the forum! Will be looking forward to chatting with you. Why don't you post your reading list? I always like looking at those as I too am a lurker!

Andie P x

Hi Parenthesis and welcome. Great intro! I look forward to discussing books with you. May I ask whereabouts in Australia you're located?

Hello, Kylie. Your welcome is very much appreciated, thank you. :smile:

I'm currently located in a place that defies the upper echelons of theoretical physicists and their steadfast assertions that it is an impossibility for time to stand still, lol. The picturesque, but often frigid, and still thoroughly entrenched in the mid-1800's island state of Tasmania. ;)

Hello Parenthesis, an excellent introduction, welcome to BCF - I have absolutely zero doubt that you'll love it here.

*waves* Thank you for the warm welcome, and hello to you, Ben. :smile:

Hello Parenthesis and welcome! By the way, I love your avatar! Very pretty and unique! Also, I wanted to add that I think Australia rules, so I'm happy to have more Australians onboard

Pleased to meet you, frankie. Thank you for your generous welcome. :smile:

I thought the avatar suited my...err...quirky nature. lol ;)

Hi Parenthesis

welcome to the forum! Will be looking forward to chatting with you. Why don't you post your reading list? I always like looking at those as I too am a lurker!

Andie P x

Always pleased to meet a fellow lurker! Hello to you, Andie P, and thank you for the welcome. :smile:

Yes! I was having a peek at some of the reading lists of members have posted, and thought I should set myself the task of compiling and posted my own list.

Hello! Nice to have you here

Hello! Appreciation is mine that you took the time to welcome me here, chesilbeach, thank you. :)

Thank you everyone. I think I'm going to be right at home here. :D

I'm currently located in a place that defies the upper echelons of theoretical physicists and their steadfast assertions that it is an impossibility for time to stand still, lol. The picturesque, but often frigid, and still thoroughly entrenched in the mid-1800's island state of Tasmania. ;)

Aww, I love Tassie! :D I would love to live there if it wasn't for my family up here (my Mum is already devastated at the thought of moving a few hours' drive away from me, so I daren't move interstate!). Late last year I worked on a mate's raspberry farm in Westerway for a week. Ooh, and I spent a lovely day in Hobart's many great bookshops. *drool*

Yes! I was having a peek at some of the reading lists of members have posted, and thought I should set myself the task of compiling and posted my own list.

Awesome! I love pouring over reading lists. :)

Be warned...This forum is very addictive (hence why I am here now when I should be working ;)). You may also go broke buying books.

Aww, I love Tassie! I would love to live there if it wasn't for my family up here (my Mum is already devastated at the thought of moving a few hours' drive away from me, so I daren't move interstate!). Late last year I worked on a mate's raspberry farm in Westerway for a week. Ooh, and I spent a lovely day in Hobart's many great bookshops. *drool*

Awesome! I love pouring over reading lists.

Be warned...This forum is very addictive (hence why I am here now when I should be working ). You may also go broke buying books.

Despite my little display of sarcasm I do love it here in Tassie. It's taken a few years to acclimatise to the slowness of the life pace and its oftentimes refusal to move towards modernity; I'm a Western Australian girl by origin.

LOL, I solved the problem of being too far from familial ties...I followed my parents here. ;)

Ah yes, raspberry farms and bookshops, I knew there were reasons why I lived here!

I'm already a book fiend, but my wanting to read book list has grown abundantly since I have been lurking here. I foresee an overrun broke household of books in the future!

Welcome P, I look forward to checking out your reading list! :smile:

Thank you so much for the welcome, chaliepud, I'm pleased to meet you. :smile:

Hi and welcome! I live in Victoria, about 45mins outside of Melbourne.

Like you, my list of TBR books keeps on growing thanks to this forum! :D For every book I read, I must buy six or more :giggle: I'm currently working through everyone's reading blog and writing down books that take my fancy. It's an ever growing list! Its funny though, I thought I was already widely read (if that makes sense), but this forum has made me realise I have so many more to read and have only dipped my toe in a vast sea of books.

Hello and welcome

Hello, lauraloves. Pleased to meet you, and thank you for welcoming me. :smile:

Hi and welcome! I live in Victoria, about 45mins outside of Melbourne.

Like you, my list of TBR books keeps on growing thanks to this forum! :D For every book I read, I must buy six or more :giggle: I'm currently working through everyone's reading blog and writing down books that take my fancy. It's an ever growing list! Its funny though, I thought I was already widely read (if that makes sense), but this forum has made me realise I have so many more to read and have only dipped my toe in a vast sea of books.

Always love meeting another Aussie. Thank you for the welcome and hello to you, too, Devi. :smile:

I lived in Victoria (also about 45 minutes outside of Melbourne) for several years prior to moving to Tassie.

I held the same thought of being widely read as you did, Devi...joining the forum showed me how erroneous thought that notion was, lol. The sheer diversity of the members' reading delights and habits as been an eye opener and a delight to read. I love the sharing of thoughts on a wide range of genres. I've already three books that I discovered via this forum!

Welcome Parenthesis ! Look forward to reading your posts

Hello there, vodkafan! I look forward to getting to know you. :smile:

Hello there, vodkafan! I look forward to getting to know you. :smile:

They adopted me on here a couple of years back. They make me read books and try to civilize me :animal: