How Many in your TBR Pile

I have six on my TBR pile!

Mostly since I just got back from the bookstore.

My intent was to just buy one or two, but I hurt my foot yesterday and was limping and it took a lot longer to weave through the store....so I kept picking them up.

I am reading Anne of Green Gables right now, next will be....

Sea Swept by Nora Roberts (KW's direction)

National Velvet by Enid Bagnold (continuing my Children's Classic series after Black Beauty, The Secret Garden and Anne of Green Gables)

X-Rated Bloodsuckers by Mario Acevedo (blood sex and magic)

Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich

Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to make quite a good dent in my TBR pile this month,, but I've also picked up a couple of other books during that time. however, I read more than I added, so that's a good sign! :)

Today I *acquired* 3 new books - they will go onto my TBR pile.

Nora Roberts - Northern lights and Midnight Bayou

and Alan Titchmarsh's Animal instincts...(wasn't he a gardener??):D

I did enjoy reading Nora Roberts, Montana Sky - so her books should be ok....not sure about the gardener's efforts though :D

I'm game, so what the heck- they were cheap!

Just acquired three new books that are sitting, waiting to be read. Two I bought myself:-

The Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Arnim & Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky

I've also been given a book called Lords of the White Castle by Elizabeth Chadwick.

I'm another bibliophile with a TBR bookcase I'm afraid. I can't help browsing and inevitably adding . My latest buys are; "Karin Fossum's ""He Who Fears the Wolf" (Wonderfully suspenseful book, has anyone read it?), "When the Devil Holds the Candle" also by K. Fossum, Jeffrey Deaver "The Vanished Man" , and Vladamir Nabokov's "Pale Fire".

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would update this as it's exactly 1 month since I originally posted.

Last month I posted I had 31 to read

I have read 8 books this month

I now have 34 books to read

I have obviously bought more than I have read and I was really trying to be good this month with my book buying:blush:

Exactly one month ago I had 62 books and 6 audio books, although I was anticipating some new ones arriving. Dale still hasn't bought me my Easter book yet - I flagged that problem up with him yesterday and he promises a book will be forthcoming shortly!

Anyway, since then I've read 10 and am moving onto my 11th, and also listened to 3 audio books and have started by 4th.

Mount TBR now numbers 72 and I have 9 audio books waiting (not including the one I'm currently listening to).

How on earth did I manage to gain more than I read? I don't remember getting hold of all those books! I know a couple of the ones I read were borrowed, but that's beside the point - argh! I really mustn't let Dale see this or he'll get more strict about the book embargo ;)

Guest fireball

God! I'm embarrassed by this...VERY. 08.gif I made a quick count of "books in waiting to be read" (pile) And it's huge..... And it's pregnant.!

jawdroping.gif

I had to stop at 120.! It's true. I must have done something in my last life,! this is one 'penance' I'm enjoying.! icon_twisted.gif

One month and two days ago I had 107+. Now it stands at 131+. It hasn't gone down at all in the past month!

Of the five books I've finished reading since then, two were eBooks and three were re-reads, and none of them were on my TBR list to begin with! I'm never going to get anywhere doing that, am I? ;)

:roll: Maybe not Kylie, but just think of the fun your having!. :)

True! I even had fun making space on my bookshelves for my new books B)

Plenty of good times ahead!