How Many in your TBR Pile

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have a TBR pile, I just read a book, head on over to my local bookstore once I've finished it, and pick up a new one. I'd never buy a whole load of books at once, because what if, for instance, you're going through a detective story phase, and you get bored of 'em, you'll have loads of unread books you don't want.

:P

I usually only have a couple of unread books on hand at a time, also.. I have a TBR read that has maybe 15-20 novels (and growing) on it, but I guess it's truly more of a "wish list" since I certainly don't have most of them! I tend to read what I have, then go out and buy more. Unless I see books I know are on my list, then I'll pick those up as I find them. :P

I usually only have a couple of unread books on hand at a time, also.. I have a TBR read that has maybe 15-20 novels (and growing) on it, but I guess it's truly more of a "wish list" since I certainly don't have most of them! I tend to read what I have, then go out and buy more. Unless I see books I know are on my list, then I'll pick those up as I find them. :P

I used to be exactly the same. I always had about two or three on my shelves to be read with about two or three that I 'wished' to read. Until I joined this forum.

Now I have 16 on my shelves TBR and 27 (I think) on my wishlist! I only joined 4 months ago!! :she:

Be afraid. ;)

I used to be exactly the same. I always had about two or three on my shelves to be read with about two or three that I 'wished' to read. Until I joined this forum.

Now I have 16 on my shelves TBR and 27 (I think) on my wishlist! I only joined 4 months ago!! :lol:

Be afraid. :P

So far you're "You'll be addicted!" warning is true.. I can only imagine your next warning will be true too. I will cower in fear. ;) I don't want to go broke because of books! :she:

I have 90 books on my shelves waiting to be read, plus 15 on my wishlist of books that were out recently or due out shortly, or are follow on reads from books I've just read.

I've promised myself I'll get the list down to about 25 before I buy any more books, but I can't resist a bookshop, so I probably won't stick to that!

I don't really have a TBR pile, I just read a book, head on over to my local bookstore once I've finished it, and pick up a new one. I'd never buy a whole load of books at once, because what if, for instance, you're going through a detective story phase, and you get bored of 'em, you'll have loads of unread books you don't want.

:)

I'm the same. Mine's not because of the phase thing, it's just an ingrained habit that comes from years of litteraly living out of a suitcase & needing to travel as light as possible.

When I first joined the forum, I never had more than about half a dozen on my tbr pile - mostly from Xmas/birthday gifts and the library. Since then, I have shot up to almost 200 at one point and had to cull my pile (this was books I actually had - not my wish list!). Now it's usually somewhere around 50-75 at any given point.

My list TBR consist of:

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (for class)

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner (for class)

Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison (for class)

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

I've just bought 100 Classic Books for my Nintendo DS, so I've got 100 there to be read straight away :lol:

Other than that I have :-

Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill

Three Men in a Boat by J.K. Jerome

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro (for next months reading circle choice).

I have 18 on my shelves TBR and a further 20 on my wishlist! (I nearly bought more today too!! :))

This quote was on 30th Dec. Now I have 24 on my shelves TBR and 37 on my wishlist!! Everybody keeps telling me of great books and giving fab reviews!! :)

I've just bought 100 Classic Books for my Nintendo DS, so I've got 100 there to be read straight away :)

Other than that I have :-

Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill

Three Men in a Boat by J.K. Jerome

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro (for next months reading circle choice).

Is the book thing on the DS any good?