How Many in your TBR Pile

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may take a picture of mine just to blow you all away you amateurs

Ooh, I'd like to see that!

It looks like my TBR pile has dropped by 7 books in about 6 weeks. I'm very impressed :welcome2: I can't remember the last time I checked these figures and found that the pile had gone down. In fact, I don't recall that ever happening. Hallelujah - it looks like the 'read 3, buy 1' is workin' for me!

Me too - I fell far less intimidated by Mount TBR these days (I only really began to feel overwhelmed by it when I got pregnant and realised I wasn't reading as much and wouldn't have the time to read so much once Tadpole arrives!). The Read 3, Buy 1 thing is REALLY working out well for me, as I'm saving up my "credits" for a while, so as not to add to the pile too much at the beginning - I want to see that list dwindle right down over the coming months so I can fel like I'm back on top of things again. :D:welcome2:

• 2 weeks later...

I have NO books in my pile. In fact that means I don't even have a pile! I'm currently reading 'Before the Storm', but after that, I will have to re-read unless I can get to the library.

It's practically unheard of for me not to have books waiting to be read...

I have NO books in my pile. In fact that means I don't even have a pile! I'm currently reading 'Before the Storm', but after that, I will have to re-read unless I can get to the library.

It's practically unheard of for me not to have books waiting to be read...

Blossom, how is this so?

I'm sure you're not freaky in any other parts of your life so ... ?

Blossom, how is this so?

I'm sure you're not freaky in any other parts of your life so ... ?

Yes, I am freaky in many ways...but none that impact on my reading habits!

Usually I buy my books, but a strict budget (and the fact that my friend closed her book shop) means that I have to rely on the library. Unfortunately, I can't always get myself to the local library, and although hubby tries to pick things out for me, it's not the same as selecting them myself.

It's a terrible position to find myself in, so I'm reading my current book very slowly and savouring every word. :friends0:

Books to the ceiling, books to the sky,

My piles of books are one mile high!

How I love them,

How I need them,

I'll have a long beard by the time I read them!

:lol: Not my own words, but the words one of the posters that lives on my bedroom wall. Hope I don't grow a beard! Several books to be read...

I don't know. I don't really have a defined TBR pile. Like, a plan. I should probably make one. (Anything to keep me from studying accounting...)

• 2 weeks later...