How Many in your TBR Pile

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I have been converted to Kindle, I don't have a TBR pile as such - I simply download another book when the previous one is finished. I do however have a lengthy wish list, from where most books are downloaded, which I guess is the equivilant - it currently has about 60 titles on it and seems to be growing by the day.

As of today, mine is 47. Looked back through the thread and saw my post from when I first joined the forum in Jan 2009 which said it was 90, so I'm pretty pleased to be able to come back with a lower number, and will be even happier when it's down into single figures! :D

38 books and 75 e-books and 3 from the library. I hate to think how many there are in my to buy list though :lol: I reckon over a 100 easily.

Edited by Devi

Maybe :lol:

I was browsing, it was a book I was going to buy eventually anyway (Bernard Cornwell's The Last Kingdom), it was in perfect condition, so I eventually found myself at the till. I'm surprised it was only the one, actually, as they had the whole series and they were all in great condition (I can't buy knackered books, it's against my nature :giggle2: ). Still, there's always the journey home tonight :D

As of today, mine is 47. Looked back through the thread and saw my post from when I first joined the forum in Jan 2009 which said it was 90, so I'm pretty pleased to be able to come back with a lower number, and will be even happier when it's down into single figures! :D

So apparently you do not really need my personal book non-buying trainer services :D Yay, now we can start harassing you to buy awesome books! :giggle:

So apparently you do not really need my personal book non-buying trainer services :D Yay, now we can start harassing you to buy awesome books! :giggle:

Well, obviously every time I think about buying a book, I think, "No, I don't want to let frankie down" so I think you're having much more influence than you can imagine ;) But, there is no way you're going to tempt me with any new books yet!!

This is a thread to shame one :giggle: I don't know the full extent of my TBR .. I will go away and start counting :hide:

Okay well without rummaging about in boxes or anything or venturing down into the basement .. the amount of unread books on the shelves is ... 206 :shrug: so I guess it will be around the 250 mark at least. I'm oppressed now :empathy:

Edited by poppyshake

I think I have 2 maybe 3 books I own and haven't read....fropm the sounds of it I need to get shopping, thank goodness its payday at the end of the week.

Saying that I need more support on updating my list I am woeful at keeping that up to date I must have read about 20 books since I last looked at it....ooops

Down to 43, am feeling inspired by Chesil, though I don't want it below 20 or so as I always like a selection of books to choose from! I'm trying to read the books that have either been there longest or that I have been given by friends first. It's going well at the moment... :smile:

Wow, I've never been an inspiration to anyone! :lol: Keep up the good work, chaliepud :D Mine is now at 42 so 5 down since I last posted, and I'm hoping to finish a few more this week too. Can't wait to be under 40, as it will be another milestone.

Well you are! I would challenge you to a race seeing as our 'scores' are so close, but I know you read much quicker than I do so I'll not set myself up for failure! :P

I was however looking at the shelf earlier and there are a few books there that I'm not sure I will ever read so I may well perform a small cull in the near future...