I need a heart-break

I am new to reading and can merely name one or two authors. That's why I want to know about your authors.

Out of the novels I've read so far I am getting quite bored of the happy endings and I really need a heart-break. I try to search on web but the books I could find were classics like "Romeo & Juliet", "Of Mice and Men" and I want something more contemporary.

I have read Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult and One Day by David Nicholls and that's the kind of book I am looking for - my heart went very heavy through the last pages.

So do you have any suggestions on a novel you have read that made you cried, or almost did, on the last page? I welcome all authors as I think I am still in the searching stage. It not necessarily has to be a romance; it can be about a loss or a memoir of a family member, a life of failures, all kind of sadness.

wow thanks guys for your suggestions! I'm definitely going to read them :D

and in response to Hayley's message, Green Mile you recommended must be what I wanted because I just finished your another suggestion Atonement and I was down for a whole day when I learnt that Cecilia and Robbie were actually dead already.

anyway please keep on adding books to my to-read list! :D cheers

If you want sad endings I'm your girl :P I love sad endings (quite morbid really I guess lol) :o I find they tend to stay with you longer if it's not all perfect plus life isn't like that.

I too will second Me Before You. I guarantee you will cry.

Check my review out on it at http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/9948-me-before-you-by-jojo-moyes/page__hl__%2Bjojo+%2Bmoyes__fromsearch__1

Also anything by Nicholas Sparks (who wrote the notebook as mentioned above). He writes lovey dovey stuff that can be a little far fetched at times but are really good. They tend to have a sad ending. 7 of his books have been made into films. Including the Notebook (amazing film btw).

Someone recommended me Night Road by Hannah Kristin. It sounds great and I can't wait to read it. Again its a tear jerker.

Hope this helps.

and in response to Hayley's message, Green Mile you recommended must be what I wanted because I just finished your another suggestion Atonement and I was down for a whole day when I learnt that

Cecilia and Robbie were actually dead already.

Ooh, that should probably be spoilered. Not sure if you can edit your posts yet though. And welcome :)

Ooh, that should probably be spoilered. Not sure if you can edit your posts yet though. And welcome :)

oh my bad. so I should not disclose any plots of a novel right? I will be aware of that afterwards. thanks :

"Nine uses for an ex-boyfriend" by Sarra Manning. I don't quite understand the title of this novel, but it is about heart-break :-)

I gave this book 4 stars out of 5. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I wanted more of a happy ending... But since you don't want one, this might be the book for you!

I too will second Me Before You. I guarantee you will cry.

Check my review out on it at http://www.bookclubf...__fromsearch__1

"Me before you" has no happy ending? BTW I haven't read your review, because I don't want to read too much about a novel I am intending to read. But if it has no happy ending, then I probably don't want to read it...

"Me before you" has no happy ending? BTW I haven't read your review, because I don't want to read too much about a novel I am intending to read. But if it has no happy ending, then I probably don't want to read it...

Fair enough!!!

It's not a conventional ending but it is a great ending so do give it a chance Rose, it is an excellent read and the ending works very well and doesn't leave you distraught.