Snooker

Ben

I forgot about this thread. :lol:

Interesting season what with each tournament being won by a different player, but I definitely don't think that would have been the case had Ronnie not decided to take 11 months out of the game. He's looked just as good in this year's World Championship as he did when he won it last year, if not better.. breezed through most of his rounds and what with most of the favourites going out he's in a great position..

.. if it wasn't for that young pretender Judd Trump. This semi-final is box-office stuff, should really be a final (bet the powers that be wish it was). I'm awfully nervous to see if The Rocket can do it. I know he's been playing more than well enough but it's so tense to watch him play - especially when I know Judd has the game to stop him in his tracks too.

4-4 after the first session, and they resume tomorrow. After such a great tournament this year I'd really like to see if Ronnie can go the whole way and defend his title successfully. Especially as it could be his last, after 'retiring' (again) yesterday.. :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ben :) I enjoyed it and Ronnie was just brilliant this year .. the break seems to have done him good. Some of the others just didn't show up. Perhaps he was fortunate because a lot of the big names went down early on but anyway he never looked seriously troubled. It's such a pleasure to watch him when he's on song.

• 11 months later...

I was so torn during the final this time around. Ronnie's my favourite player of all time (as you've probably seen from me gush about his game in this thread) but Selby's great, one of my favourite players, and such an ambassador for the sport. You're right, The Rocket didn't really get into the match and I think that's credit to Selby. He played gritty, kept it tight, and played to Ronnie's 'weakness', if you can say he's got one.

Refreshing to see that O'Sullivan feels he's in one of the best places of his career, though, I think that's important. I still wouldn't bet against him going on and winning another title or two in the future, but with the standard these days who knows? I'm happy that he's not thinking about retirement or anything like that. The new ranking system will favour the way he picks and chooses tournaments, and means if his head stays right he'll be around for a while yet.