Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 18

Janet

Miracle of miracles, I finished Gone With The Wind last night. :thud: Fabulous book that is! I've now started Hit and Run by Doug Johnstone, which is a fast paced thriller type. It's just what I need after such a hefty book as GWTW!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miracle of miracles, I finished Gone With The Wind last night. :thud: Fabulous book that is! I've now started Hit and Run by Doug Johnstone, which is a fast paced thriller type. It's just what I need after such a hefty book as GWTW!

Oh it's fabulous, isn't it? So glad you enjoyed it! :)

Not too much progress on The Observations last night, sleep was calling too wildly.

Not much reading being done today, aside from going over some of the Shakespearean comedies I've studied this year, in order to get this assignment finished. I love studying him, always leaves me wondering how amazing it would have been to see some of his works in theatre when they were first done.

Edited by Ben

Finished the utterly ridiculous Hit and Run by Doug Johnstone, and will now start Breaking The Silence by Diane Chamberlain.

breaking the silence is on my TBR list.

have you read any of hers before? I read my first last year & loved it & loved her style of writing

breaking the silence is on my TBR list.

have you read any of hers before? I read my first last year & loved it & loved her style of writing

No, never read any of hers or even heard of her before. It must have come from a recommendation here or from the Kindle Daily Deal - not sure when or why I picked it up. However, I have started it, and it is looking good so far. :readingtwo:

No, never read any of hers or even heard of her before. It must have come from a recommendation here or from the Kindle Daily Deal - not sure when or why I picked it up. However, I have started it, and it is looking good so far. :readingtwo:

not sure if you've ever read any of jodi picoult but she's compared as a smilar author to her.

if you like breaking the silence & want to read more I can recommend the midwifes confession.

happy reading!!! :-)

not sure if you've ever read any of jodi picoult but she's compared as a smilar author to her.

if you like breaking the silence & want to read more I can recommend the midwifes confession.

happy reading!!! :-)

I think I've recommended The Midwife's Confession before, it was very good, I have another of hers on my TBR shelf, think it may be The Shadow Wife, I must get around to it soon...

Trying to find more time to read A Tiny Sunbird Far Away, it's very good but life keeps getting in the way! :smile:

Bought new books today. SJ Watson Before I Go To Sleep and Charles Dickens A Tale Of Two Cities from Waterstones then picked up A Short History Of Tractors In The Ukraine Marina Lewycha and Nicholas Evans The Brave in a charity shop. Finished reading Kate Atkinson " When Will There Be Good News" last night. I think I will definitely be looking out for her other Jackson Brodie novels, I loved her style of writing.. and her sense of humour. Really easy to read.

Started readin SJ Watson Before I Go To Sleep before I went to sleep but didn't get very far as sleep beckoned rather quicker than I anticipated...damn red wine.

I'm in the home stretch with my reread of Charles Dickens' Bleak House. Currently situated in the midst of chapter 55.

I had promised myself that I would dot my reading list with revisits to some of my past 'The Classics' reads, but I must own that it has been a trial getting through Bleak House this time around. :(

Bought new books today. SJ Watson Before I Go To Sleep and Charles Dickens A Tale Of Two Cities from Waterstones

Great choices - I recently read Before I Go To Sleep and found it very enjoyable. Enjoy! :D

Trying to find more time to read A Tiny Sunbird Far Away, it's very good but life keeps getting in the way! :smile:

Such a pain when that happens, how inconsiderate. :lol:

I've just finished reading 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins and I thought it was the best book for Young Adults that I have ever read. Being in my thirties, I was a little unsure whether or not I would like this, but I loved it. I can't wait to the see the film version of this novel and reading the other books in this trilogy.

Now I'm just about to start 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin

Maybe my reading mojo is a bit iffy at the moment, but I have given up on 'Vanishing Acts ~ Jodi Picoult'....not enjoying plot or the characters....need something lighter at the moment me thinks.

Not getting much time to come on the forum lately but I have been keeping up with my reading . I finished Dragonfly In Amber Diana Gabaldon , a bit of a doorstopper but definitely worth the effort & then over the weekend I read The Woman in Black Susan Hill , a quick read & very creepy in places. I'm going to make a start on I Capture The Castle Dodie Smith next for the reading circle :smile:

I finished reading The Phantom of the Opera, quite a good read. I've now moved on to the second book in the Mistborn Trilogy - The well of ascension by Brandon Sanderson. I read the first one way back in January 2011, so I hope there's not too much I've forgotten!

Almost finished On The Beach (I'll easily finish it at lunchtime). I really like this book - parts of it seem very dated and unlikely, but it has a way of getting to you.

I picked up Papillon by Henri Charriere (sp?) this morning. According to LibraryThing I have had this on my tbr at least since July 2007 (when I joined LT), and I'm trying to get to some of my older books, so this will be my next read.

I'm reading Dark Echo by F G Cottam at present. I fancied an eerie ghost story and having recently read Brodmaw Bay by him, I thought I would have a go at another of his books. So far so good.

Did you enjoy this? You have just reminded me about F G Cottam and I will look out for this to read. I really enjoyed 'The House of Lost Souls".