Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 18

Janet

Having not bought any books since 23 March, I got My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson (sp?) today (hubby bought it). It's not my usual thing but is for my Book Club.

I also got two books for my birthday - gorgeous copies of The Mayor of Casterbridge (which I've read before) and Tess of the D'urbervilles (which I haven't) an Amazon voucher for £10 and a £15 WHS voucher. :D

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently reading Battlefield 3 book based on the award winning franchise on game consoles!

@lauraloves I actually have a website that sells paperbooks at the cheapest rates, new&old

[Admin edit - I've removed your link as we do not allow advertising]

The first three Chronicles of Pern books - Anne McCaffrey

Oh nice! :smile: Does that include Dragonquest and The White Dragon? I've got them on my TBR list (although I'm sure I've read TWD before).

Having not bought any books since 23 March, I got My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson (sp?) today (hubby bought it). It's not my usual thing but is for my Book Club.

I read My Best Friends Girl last year and I really enjoyed it hope you do too :)

I got Hollow Pike by James Dawson in the post today which is a competition win, thanks Michelle :D

I also got two books for my birthday - gorgeous copies of The Mayor of Casterbridge (which I've read before) and Tess of the D'urbervilles (which I haven't) an Amazon voucher for £10 and a £15 WHS voucher. :D

Happy Birthday Janet, great pressies...... :D

I just finished reading Raffles while eating my lunch & have parcelled it up to send to my sister. I'm over 100 pages into Emotional Clearing so I'm going to finish reading that before I start something else

not White Dragon, its Dragonflight/quest/song. Apparently White Dragon can be read anytime after the first two.

It's an odd one. The original trilogy is Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and The White Dragon. Dragonsong is the first book in the second trilogy, but it was written before The White Dragon.

It's an odd one. The original trilogy is Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and The White Dragon. Dragonsong is the first book in the second trilogy, but it was written before The White Dragon.

Yeah it is, but apparently McCaffrey recommends reading them in publication order. Besides I got them in a nice set from eBay so couldn't resist :)

started Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne.

Oops, I forgot the reading circle was starting tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder. :)

I've also made a start on Catch-22 and although I was warned to give it a fair go, that's not going to be an issue. I'm enjoying it already and I'm only about twenty pages in.

Awesome. :) If you like it from the beginning then you'll certainly enjoy the entire thing. One (undoubtedly crazy) person on BCF once said it was too long, and I've read that complaint elsewhere, but I just can't get enough of the humour.

Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

Great! :)

Not too much book activity for me today (again), but I'm up to the 'E' section of Literary Trivia (it's roughly in alphabetical order).