Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 18

Janet

A gift in the post of The Silver Chalice by Thomas B Costain (sent by a lovely BCF member...you know who you are)....thank you very much. :flowers2:

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football on the telly last night meant I managed to finish The Black House Peter May. I've decided to go back to the Sharpe Series for my next read Sharpe's Trafalgar.

Still reading A Clash of Kings ~ George R.R.Martin, I was struggling to read the small feint print in the book I had so now I've downloaded it to my kindle and it's making much easier reading :D

Spent the best part of the day reading The Bones of Avignon and I'm about to retire in order to finish the last fifty pages or so. It's been an enjoyable read so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how it concludes.

I am currently reading on Kindle City of Shadows by Ariana Franklin and I capture the Castle by Dodie Smith, don't usually read 2 books together, but I like to have a kindle book on the go these days :)

Edited by dawnbirduk

I read 80 pages of The Hippopotamus last night in bed. I was in stitches! I wanted to finish it very much but was too tired, I now have 20-30 to go.

Is that by Stephen Fry?

Finished The Bones of Avignon by Jefferson Bass last night, so immediately turned my attentions to Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo. I'm about three hundred pages through now and it's coming along rather nicely.

Three hundred pages after starting it LAST NIGHT??? I'm impressed by how fast you read :) I have The Count of Monte Cristo on my tbr, and am looking forward to reading it, but am going to wait for a quiet few weeks.

Three hundred pages after starting it LAST NIGHT??? I'm impressed by how fast you read :) I have The Count of Monte Cristo on my tbr, and am looking forward to reading it, but am going to wait for a quiet few weeks.

:haha: No no, I read about a hundred pages last night, the rest I'd already read in previous days. Ah, it's certainly a wonderful read but it's just finding the time to tackle it. I read about two thirds of the way through a couple of years ago and I've been disappointed ever since that I didn't finish.

Is that by Stephen Fry?

Yep, the one and only :smile2: Very quirky, very normal, and then again very strange :D And very funny! I'm liking it very much :)

I hope to be going to some secondhand bookshops today, to do a bit of browsing and maybe hopefully a little shopping too! :)

Yep, the one and only :smile2: Very quirky, very normal, and then again very strange :D And very funny! I'm liking it very much :)

I just checked it out and I think I may have to add it to my list. I keep seeing you mentioning it lately and it's caught my attention. :D

I think I will also add The Count of Monte Cristo too.

Edited by Devi

I hope to be going to some secondhand bookshops today, to do a bit of browsing and maybe hopefully a little shopping too! :)

Yay! :D

I think I will also add The Count of Monte Cristo too.

Great to hear! It's a rollicking good read. Don't be put off by the size! :)

I finished a book today for the first time in ages: Virginia Holman's Rescuing Patty Hearst. Unfortunately my TBR won't decrease though, because I also received PG Wodehouse's Pigs Have Wings in the mail. I'm planning a bit of a book spree tomorrow as well.

For other book activity, I'm planning to try and get my various book lists up to date tonight, because I'm woefully behind. I also need to catalogue many of my newer books online and shelve them all.

in the post today from another bookie friend. received 'the Midwife's Confession' by Diane Chamberlain

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, it was my first Diane Chamberlain and I was very impressed, I've just finished The Good Father and very much enjoyed that too, she's definitely on my author radar now!! :)

:haha: No no, I read about a hundred pages last night, the rest I'd already read in previous days. Ah, it's certainly a wonderful read but it's just finding the time to tackle it. I read about two thirds of the way through a couple of years ago and I've been disappointed ever since that I didn't finish.

Oh thank goodness!! I was thinking I must be a really slow reader :D I keep meaning to get to that, and also The Three Musketeers, by Dumas. I also have Camille, by Alexandre Dumas Jr, which is a less daunting size :)

Thanks to the nice sunshine today I sat in the garden and read another fifty pages of All Hell Let Loose. I can only read a bit at a time because of the large amount of information I'm swallowing!

I also started The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side by Agatha Christie to read alongside it.