Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 18

Janet

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's a great read; you won't even notice the length of it. :smile:

That's right, in fact, I had to stop myself reading more than a chapter a day towards the end in order to savour the experience!

Yay :) I'm so pleased you both enjoyed it as sometimes a big book does put me off a little :)

The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber arrived today, this book is huge!

I am awaiting my copy of this to arrive!

Marching on with A Tale Of Two Cities.

Just finished the first bit - and dare I say it - I'm actually understanding and enjoying it.

:)

can't wait to here what you make of it :)

I am very excited at the idea of reading it, in fact I may just start it as soon as it gets here.

I started Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life by Mil Millington today.

Picked up a massive stack of library books including Me Before You by Jojo Moyes because I'd read good things about it on here...can't remember who it was though!

The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber arrived today, this book is huge!

But it's a great read; you won't even notice the length of it. :smile:

That's right, in fact, I had to stop myself reading more than a chapter a day towards the end in order to savour the experience!

I am awaiting my copy of this to arrive!

Ditto to all the above, absolutely loved it :)

I finished I capture the Castle last night, I had a very rough evening so couldn't really sleep.

I'm still reading Starmaker by Jay Bernstein, and very much enjoying it :)

Also, couldn't get to my reading group at the library last night, but have just checked and the book for this month is The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet. I have heard VERY mixed opinions on this one, and have a feeling it could be one I'll either love or hate - no middle ground. But we shall see! (The last two times that we had a book like that, I ended up loving the book, so fingers crossed!)

Only a 100 pages left of Insurgent, it was a bit slow at first but it's very exciting now! :smile:

EDIT : Have now finished it, at the expense of the housework, but who cares about that! :blush2::smile: It was very good, maybe not a 5/5 like Divergent but definitely at least a 4.5/5. Looking forward the final book in the trilogy next Spring which apparently is being referred to as "Detergent' by Veronica Roth (the author) :giggle2:

Just received the latest Sookie Stackhouse book, Deadlocked, in the post today so I may start on that later, the later books in the series haven't been as good in my opinion, but I just can't stop myself reading them!!

Edited by chaliepud

Mojo has perked up a bit after being stunned (in a good way) by My Cousin Rachel. I'm revisiting I Capture the Castle which could have been a mistake but thankfully isn't. I thought I might need the stimulus of a new story but I love this book and it's got one of the best opening chapters ever .. I'm straight back there in the kitchen with Cassandra and I'm as engrossed as ever. If it weren't for the Austen's this would probably be my most re-read book.

So glad this came up as the reading circle book it was already on my TBR pile but probably would've been awhile before I got round to it. It's a joy to read.

I Capture The Castle has been on my tbr for years. I'm glad that you're enjoying it so much. I've got it on my 'to read soon' list, so hopefully I'll get to it at some point!!

Read it, read it.... it's brilliant!!!!

Great read hope you enjoy it Laura :smile:

I finished I capture the Castle last night, I had a very rough evening so couldn't really sleep.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it Devi :D

I'm about halfway through I Capture The Castle & totally in love with this book.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it Devi :D

I quite enjoyed it, and was pleasantly surprised, as I wasn't sure what to expect when I had heard it was Dodie Smith. I only ever knew her for 101 dalmatians.

I quite enjoyed it, and was pleasantly surprised, as I wasn't sure what to expect when I had heard it was Dodie Smith. I only ever knew her for 101 dalmatians.

Yes me too but I've not read it only seen the movie :smile:

I am very excited at the idea of reading it, in fact I may just start it as soon as it gets here.

I think it might be a while before I get to read it :( but I hope you enjoy it :)

Ditto to all the above, absolutely loved it :)

I had no idea it was such a popular book!

Great read hope you enjoy it Laura :smile:

I'm about halfway through I Capture The Castle & totally in love with this book.

Thank you :) I'm in love with I Capture the Castle too!

In my bookish news I downloaded a kindle freebie today, Visions by Sara Daniell

Almost finished The man in the picture...review to follow. God, it's taking me ages to finish! It's only a slim book too...need some time off work!! ha

Andie P x

Just finished Guernica by Dave Boling. Good although a bit harrowing at times. Not sure what to read next - feel like I ought to try and go for a non-fiction next, but nothing grabbing me on my TBR shelf at the moment.

Mojo has perked up a bit after being stunned (in a good way) by My Cousin Rachel.

Wohoo for being stunned in a good way! :smile2: I hope the feeling prevails til the end! :)

No reading done. Mojo has done a runner once again :(

Again??! Your mojo is being simply impossible. I hope it returns soon :empathy:

It is a big ass book, indeed! :)

Marching on with A Tale Of Two Cities.

Just finished the first bit - and dare I say it - I'm actually understanding and enjoying it.

:)

So good to hear you are enjoying it! :smile2:

I've acquired three books today, all for 20cnt:

Sinuhe the Egyptian by Mika Waltari

Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy L. Sayers (1001)

Der Kleine Prinz by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Guest Eliza1

Haven't been on in a while, how is everyone? I'm making my way through the Inspector Morse novels by Colin Dexter. They are brilliant :) Started watching the series from the 1980's too!

Finished reading Coral - A Pessimist in Paradise by Steve Jones, but wasn't what I was expecting and didn't enjoy most of it, unfortunately. Have also sorted out some books to go to the charity shop, but need to do some more sorting tomorrow (I couldn't reach the high shelves so will need some assistance!) before I bag them up to go.