Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 18

Janet

Wow laura, that's a lotta reading, your mojo is flying high!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thank you :) I'm not sure whats happened to my mojo, last year it wasnt here at all and this year I can't get enough of reading, I'm not complaining though :)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've picked up The Observations by Jane Harris, I'm about 150 pages in. I was flying through the pages last night in bed.

I have it on my tbr, where it has been for...well, a very long time!! Glad you're enjoying it :)

I'm still reading On The Beach, by Nevil Shute. This book has got under my skin somehow. It's gripping but very sad. Would like to see the film to compare (can't believe I haven't actually seen it, as three of my favourite actors are in it!)

In the last couple of weeks I have finished The Last Echo (Kimberley Derting) and Dark Matter (Michelle Paver), both very enjoyable. I'm now nearly a third of the way through Divergent (Veronica Roth) and it's looking good! :smile:

I really enjoyed Divergent - the second book is out any day, and I'm looking forward to that one.

Finished the first Mistborn book by Brandon Sanderson, absolutely amazing! struggled to put it down.

I've been doing these on audio - I listened to the first two books back to back, then got a bit fed up in the middle of the last.. so I'm taking a break. A great series though.

Finished The Women in Black by Susan Hill...woop woop....next book here I come...still trying to finish Bag of Bones by Stephen King too on audio.

Review coming soon!

Andie P x

I really enjoyed Divergent - the second book is out any day, and I'm looking forward to that one.

I have it on order Michelle, should be here next Tuesday, the day of release!

Also ordered today -

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith

The Rescue Man - Anthony Quinn

The Last Letter From Your Lover - Jojo Moyes

I've been so good lately with not buying books, but felt I needed a little treat.. :smile:

I finished 1977 by David Peace (it's due back to the library tomorrow, just in time!) I really enjoy his style, but Christ this Red Riding series is gut-wrenchingly violent. Given it's fiction around the Yorkshire Ripper, of course it will be violent, but I sometimes feel the level of violence is there for the sake of it, rather than adding to the story.

Anyway, now reading the Reluctant Fundamentalist.

I have it on my tbr, where it has been for...well, a very long time!! Glad you're enjoying it :)

I've had it on my TBR for some years, too, so I'd quite forgotten what the book was about, I only remembered that it's historical fiction and someone is keeping a journal or something like that. When I picked the book up I didn't re-read the blurb, I thought I'd just start reading and see where the book takes me. It's been good so far, but I have no idea where it's going. It's kind of nice, not knowing :)

I went to a charityshop today, needed a bit of comfort shopping, and got these:

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (to re-read)

The Birthday Party by Harold Pinter (Pinter was just mentioned somewhere as a rival playwright. I just wish I could remember where)

Molli - maailman viisain koira by Yrjö Kokko (a Finnish author's and vet's book on his pet dogs)

Just finnished A Game Of Thrones, but need a breather before I start his next one, so I have gone by some recommendations on this great Forum and purchased The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak which I am really enjoying.. its a great read!!

My mojo hasn't been great but have managed at least some reading. At the moment I'm reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, currently I'm on number 3. They're pretty good and quite funny in places so hopefully mojo will hang around for a bit so I can catch up on my reading!

Haven't been on here nearly enough so trying to catch up here too! :D

Just finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and I loved it. Also reading Good Omens happy to be reading so quality after the rubbish I have been into recently.

Just finished reading the Dark Echo by F G Cottam. It's a good ghost story but I've read better. I'm starting on a kindle book next (especially as I have a long train journey tomorrow and don't want to be saddled with books) - The Girl who came Home (Titanic novel). After that I've got to get stuck into some books to review as I'm waaaaay behind.

Note to self: stay out of libraries!!!!! :blush2:

Also reading Good Omens happy to be reading so quality after the rubbish I have been into recently.

Oooh enjoy, I thought it was excellent! Must be nearly due for a re-read soon.

In the early hours of this morning and today I've been reading Martha Quest by Doris Lessing, and I'm finding it very enjoyable.

Just finnished A Game Of Thrones, but need a breather before I start his next one, so I have gone by some recommendations on this great Forum and purchased The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak which I am really enjoying.. its a great read!!

I've just finished Game of Thrones as well, I enjoyed it much more than I expected to, like you I'm going to have a break before I read the next in the series :smile:

My mojo hasn't been great but have managed at least some reading. At the moment I'm reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, currently I'm on number 3. They're pretty good and quite funny in places so hopefully mojo will hang around for a bit so I can catch up on my reading!

Good to see you back Charm :friends0: Hope that mojo sticks around for you!

We would love that very much :smile2:

I'm still reading The Observations. Ruth, I forgot to say that the first part of the book reminded me of Fingersmith by Sarah Waters but it's now past that :D

I took 10 books off TBR pile to the library for other people to grab and snatch away, and came home with Pentti Haanpää's Noitaympyrä and Tony Horwitz's Into the Blue: Boldly Going Where Captain Cook Has Gone Before. I've never heard of him before but the title caught my eye, it's an English copy as well, and Australia is included :smile2: