Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 18

Janet

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finished To Kill a Mockingbird....not sure what's next

Don't blame you. TKaM is a hard act to follow, isn't it?

I went grocery shopping tonight and my eye caught a box full of books on sale (I've never seen that in a supermarket before!) So I grabbed two nice editions of Agatha Christie's Death on the Nile and Murder on the Orient Express.

Completed Journey to the Centre of the Earth, last night.

I couldn't get into the story or the characters at all - so didn't enjoy it much.

I don't think I'll pick up another Verne any time soon!

There's Catch-22 and Tale Of Two Cities waiting for me on the shelf.

But I feel like reading something that I already know is lovely -

- so have picked up Daddy-Long-Legs for a re-read.

Looking forward to spending a wonderful day with darling Judy! :smile:

I'm reading blood brothers by josephine cox at the moment, haven't read any of her books for a long time and I'm enjoying it :)

I recently read Death on the ice by Robert Ryan, and can't recommend it enough, brilliant brilliant book :)

In the last couple of weeks I have finished The Last Echo (Kimberley Derting) and Dark Matter (Michelle Paver), both very enjoyable. I'm now nearly a third of the way through Divergent (Veronica Roth) and it's looking good! :smile:

I finished The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd yesterday. Enjoyed it a lot, although there were an awful lot of cliches and stereotypes. I thought the author really got into the psyche of a child though; the narrator - a 14 year old girl - was excellent.

Started reading On The Beach, by Nevil Shute. This has been on my tbr for a couple of years, and I was inspired to pick it up after reading a bio on Gregory Peck, who starred in an adaptation of the book. So far I am enjoying it.

Starting The Stand.....Stephen King

Awesome! Is this a first read? :boogie:

I'm still on Gone With The Wind, but 90% through it now. Have decided to ease off a bit on the studying, to give me more time in my personal life to do what I enjoy - like reading!!

I . finished Level 26 by Anthony E Zuiker, this is written by Creator and Executive Producer of CSI, a very dark book but very good when the chase starts. I have just started Speak no Evil by Allison Brennan

I've been a bit busy book wise while ive been away.

I finished The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing and started The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

On my kindle I read Joannas Day by Toni and Stephen Downs and started A Flicker of Light by Roberta Kagan.

Ive also brought I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

I finished 'I Capture the Castle' by Dodie Smith this afternoon and I thought that it was a very good book. Now I'm reading 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins. Although I'm only on chapter 2, I feel slightly uncomfortable with the idea of this book but I will read on to see how it progresses.

I've been a bit busy book wise while ive been away.

I finished The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing and started The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

On my kindle I read Joannas Day by Toni and Stephen Downs and started A Flicker of Light by Roberta Kagan.

Ive also brought I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

Wow laura, that's a lotta reading, your mojo is flying high!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Have nearly finished Divergent, what a great read so far. Luckily the next in the series, Insurgent, is due out on 1st May, I've ordered it already! :smile: :smile: :smile:

I finally finished The Reapers by John Connolly! Not sure what to read next though.

I also received my illustrated copy of The Divine Comedy yesterday, which I believe someone else here on the forum also has? The first book of game of thrones also came this morning so now my set is complete! I'm not quite ready for a heavy series yet though.

Edited by Devi

Hope you enjoy it! It's my fave book by him. :smile:

I really enjoyed his older books, The Shining, Carrie, Firestarter, and a few more....I think I am going to enjoy this one as well :D

Edited by Sofia

I finally finished The Reapers by John Connolly! Not sure what to read next though.

I also received my illustrated copy of The Divine Comedy yesterday, which I believe someone else here on the forum also has? The first book of game of thrones also came this morning so now my set is complete! I'm not quite ready for a heavy series yet though.

Could that be me? I recently bought an illustrated copy. Is it a large hardcover book with illustrations by Gustave Dore?

I spent a bit of time organising my books this morning. I culled a few and then went and bought some more.

Could that be me? I recently bought an illustrated copy. Is it a large hardcover book with illustrations by Gustave Dore?

I spent a bit of time organising my books this morning. I culled a few and then went and bought some more.

I think it was you! Yes it does have illustrations with Gustave Dore, it has a red leather cover with a ribbon marker and gold page edges? (not sure what you call that). I have always been interested in the book ever since I played the game Dantes Inferno a few years back, which is a console game based on Dantes book.

Edited by Devi