Harry Potter - New book (May contain spoilers)

OK, having finished the book and trying not to spoil....

Is the character that died at the end really and truly dead, and is the character that went to Lord Voldemort really and truly a traitor, or is there going to be a real twist during the last book?

What does everyone think?

Debbie

Ok, I've finished now, so let's discuss!

Spoilers....

Yep, I do think Dumbledore is dead.. I guess it comes to us all, huh?

With Snape, it seemed obvious from the beginning that he would be a traitor this time round. But, Dumbledore still trusted him, and as these are basically childrens books, I assumed we could rely on one of the main characters, and his judgement.

With his look of hatred as he finished Dumbledore off, I can't see any big twist in the future.

Did anyone else feel a little sorry for Malfoy?

My guess is that Snape really is a traitor and that in the next book Harry will discover why Dumbledore trusted him - something to do with a so-called 'Unbreakabke Vow' is my guess. (In fact I think maybe I read that in an earlier book?). I guess it's possible that Dumbledore may resurrect, but I doubt it. But, of course, the big question now (for me, anyway) is - who got the pendant/horcrux?

Interesting thought on the horcrux issue - someone on the the Harry Potter LiveJournal Community has put forward a theory that Harry is one of Voldemort's horcruxes - he was made into one when his parents were killed. Therefore he has a bit of Voldemort's soul, which is why he can sense him and speak Parseltongue etc.

This would mean that for Voldemort to die, the horcrux that is Harry would have to be destroyed, but would destroying the horcrux kill Harry?

Deb

Now see I dunno...................

............ I think that maybe Dumbledore had advanced warning from Snape that Malfoy was tasked with killing him - he'd know since he agreed to help out. I think a shield jinx or potion (you know how the half-blood prince likes his potions) protected Dumbledore - though he did fall off the tower too. But then the tears of the phoenix are curative............

ooooooh the possibilities :D

Personally I don't think Harry is a Horcrux - the original story is aimed at kids and killing off Harry would be a bit of a let down I reckon.

That's my few pennies worth :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

~* SPOILER WARNING *~

(just in case I wasn't the last person on the planet to read this fantastic book)

I saw a similar site & had to come to the conclusion that:

1. Harry is NOT a horcrux

2. Dumbledor is NOT dead, &

3. Snape is NOT actualy a traitorous Death Eater.

I get the feeling that Dumbledore knew that Malfoy had been forced into LV's service & that his mission was to kill Dumbledore. He's a good old man & he wouldn't want the burden & mental scars of being a murderer lumped on a 16-yr-old & so I think he'd arranged for Snape to do the deed instead, but that Snape used a non-verbal spell which was NOT the Avra Kedavra curse (although those were the words he spoke), thus Dumbledore is NOT dead.

That said, I actually cried throughout that entire scene - I was so upset!

• 5 weeks later...

I for one do not think Dumbledore is dead. I just don't see how they could kill Dumbledore off when there is still so much more to be done before Harry can succeed in killing Lord Voldemort. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

I also don't think Snape is a bad guy. He had every chance in the word to do more evil than he did, and kill more than he supposively did, yet he didn't. He only stunned and prevented things from happening. He saved Harry, though he said that was for Lord Voldemort, but he still could have killed Professor Flitwick and many others that night.

We've probably got another 2 years or so to wait and find out but until then we can always speculate.

• 1 month later...